After the series of posts on how to write a decent sales letter, I’ve decided to write about WordPress again. A lot of you know that I have developed a passion for WordPress and that I am planning to change the name of this blog very soon (I hope). I am thinking about something related to WordPress. I haven’t made up my mind yet, but I am just telling you what I think. Maybe you can help and give me some good suggestions. If you have some, you can visit the contact me page… Well, you don’t have to do that now. You can contact me using the feedback button you see on the left. If you click on it, you’ll see this:
You can select Idea and send me your suggestions. Isn’t it a good way to get in touch with your readers? They can talk about their problems, give you some ideas, ask questions or praise your work. This is so much better than the regular contact form.
In today’s post, I am going to show you how to get a similar button on your blog.
To get this feedback button, you need to install a plugin called Usernoise Modal Feedback. The plugin automatically adds a customizable feedback button and form to your WordPress blog.
What makes this plugin better than the regular contact form plugins? Well, many things. These are some of them:
- It works as soon as you install it. You don’t have to mess up with codes or even add a shortcode.
- It matches the style of your blog by default. As soon as you install it, the plugin detects the font size you’re using and uses the same.
- You can change absolutely everything to match the color of your blog.
- You can replace it wherever you want. Left, right, top or even at the bottom.
- You receive notifications on your dashboard and you reply to feedback right from the admin area.
- The plugin supports all major Internet browsers and iPad.
Now I am going to show you how to install and use the plugin.
- Click on Plugins and then Add New
- Write the name of the plugin “Usernoise Modal Feedback” and click Search
- Locate the right plugin and click on Install now
- Activate the plugin
Once you activate the plugin, you’ll find a new section in your admin area called Usernoise. Click on it and then click on Settings.
There you can find many options the plugin offers. Here are some screenshots:
As you can see, you can change almost everything. Font, background color, text, text color, form title, etc. I’ve changed the background color and the position of the feedback button. I’ve also unchecked the ask for a summary box. I find that annoying because people usually don’t know what to write in the summary field.
When you change what you want to change, just click on Save Changes and you’re done.
Now, just visit your blog and check how your feedback button looks like. Click on it to check that everything appear as you want it to be. Here is how mine looks:
This is how it works when someone submits feedback:
That’s all for today. Hope you like the plugin just as I do. I don’t plan to remove the contact form page from my blog even though I have this new plugin installed. I’ll leave it a bit until readers get used to the new feedback button.
Have a great day!